Thursday 5 January 2012

Shopping Haul

Sales + Christmas money = Lots of goodies!


I adore sale shopping! I hate having to pay full price for things I want (although I am getting better) so these are a few goodies I bought over the past couple of days. Expect many more of these as student loan day always ends in a trip to Westfields (five girls, 20 minutes on the DLR = SHOPPING GALORE).




Closer Look
MUA Mosaic Bronzer in Natural Glow

























I rate Make Up Academy especially for poor students who want to revamp their look. This bronzer was £2.50 and looks very natural when applied with a bronzing brush. The only downside to this bronzer is that it comes out slightly glittery so its only really appropriate for the apples of your cheeks, not as an all over face bronzer unless you want to look like someone out of Twilight. Nevertheless, for the money I paid, it impressed me. 

Look Beauty Statement Eyes in Demin
Shade 10
Very pigmented & flattering 
This was the first time I found this make up brand in Superdrug but thought I'd give it a try. Look magazine designed and made this range and if this eyeshadow is anything to go by, I'm impressed. The colour is very pigmented and blends well with out colours and shades. I tried it with a smokey eye and looked gorgeous blended with black, gunmetal grey, white and a lighter blue. Just don't be too heavy handed when applying! Gradually layer and smudge the eyeshadows together otherwise risk blue cheeks and a dirty eye look.

MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 31
So much love for this!




























I own many different eyeshadow colours from MUA and they never disappoint me! At £1 each they're a bargain and are long lasting. I usually have to reapply with some eyeshadows (cough, Rimmel) so this was a breath of fresh air. Similarly to the Look eyeshadow, you're better off building up the colour and blending it with a good brush.

MUA lipstick in Shade 5
I was initially disappointed with this lipstick. Too much glitter, too much barbiesque. The colour itself looks gorgeous but I found myself blotting my lips much more than usual to try and get rid of the sparkle. It's still very longwearing and doesn't bleed as much as I thought it would. When removing the lipstick, the glitter goes all over the place so be careful. However, I would still wear this but make sure I apply lipcote after application. For the money I paid (£1 bargain!) I would still repurchase this.

Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Cherry










I adore this lipstick! I've heard so many good things from other bloggers when it comes to Sleek make up so I wanted to try for myself. It's very long lasting and looks gorgeous for those with olive skin & darker hair. I'm growing tired of lipgloss so I'm starting to experiment with lipstick which I'm very impressed with so far. If you're going to wear such a daring colour on your lips, I would suggest leaving the rest of the face quite natural and subtle to stop the 'drag queen' look from stirring up!




ASOS have a great sale on their website at the moment and I found some gorgeous items much cheaper than they were previously (much more reasonable!). I love it when shops do decent sales instead of just discounting their less than flattering pieces.
Was £8 NOW £3
£6
No longer listed.
So at least I'm keeping to my new year resolutions! I'm almost certain I'll be adding more to my collection...poor bank account! I also bought a new suitcase for Paris next month, soo excited! Going to Dublin at the end of the month to see family for the weekend, I miss Ireland, it feels like home whenever I go over there. Until then, back to uni on Saturday so expect some more uni related posts. So until then...


xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment