Wednesday 13 June 2012

FOTD & Hair Update


I'm a very lucky girlfriend! I was having a hard time and to cheer me up, Sam took me shopping around Colchester. You know if a girl is very upset if she doesn't see anything she wants to buy (he was genuinely shocked). We got to Williams & Griffiths and I had a look around the MAC counter for some eyeshadows. After some advice from the lovely counter girl, Sam told me whatever I want, he'll get if it puts a smile back on my face...and it did the job! The three pots are used above along with a light line of black gel eyeliner. As much as I love the colours, I think I may need to invest in a couple more good quality eye brushes as I don't think the ones I have really did the colours justice. I'm a very happy bunny to have such a lovely boyfriend.   

FACE.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC25
MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer in NW25
Benefit POREfessional Primer, especially around the nose & mouth
Benefit High Beam, under the brow, along the nose & cheekbones

CHEEKS.
L'Oreal Paris GlamBronze Duo in Brunette Harmony
Look Beauty Make Me Blush in Flush

EYES.
MAC Eyeshadow in Arena Satin, in the inner corners and as a base
MAC Eyeshadow in Amber Lights Frost, on the lids
MAC Eyeshadow in Bronze Frost, in the crease, outer corners & under the eye 
Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 001 Dark Brown
Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 01 Black
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara in Black

LIPS.
Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 015 Tutti Frutti


HAIR.
So I went to my hairdressers yesterday to sort out the state I call my hair! I have been very naughty and haven't been looking after it as well as I needed to therefore I have made a conscience decision to work on my hair. I've been dying for longer hair so I have created and decided to take on the hair challenge! From now on, there are some hair commandments I shall keep without fail to attempt to get the luscious locks I have long desired for.


1. I will keep a weekly record of my progress.
2. I will keep getting six-weekly trims.
3. I will not use heat on my hair more than 3 times a week.
4. When using heat, I will always use heat protection.
5. I will use hair mayonnaise once a week under a hair hood for 20 minutes.
6. I will only brush my hair once in the morning & once at night with a natural bristle brush.  
7. I will drink more water, take vitamins and ensure I have had my 5 a day to promote hair growth.
8. In the sun, I will put appropriate hair protection in my hair.
  9. I will loosely tie my hair back when I go to bed at night
10. Whenever I wear my hair up, I will not tie it too tight or comb it too roughly.

After three months, I will comment on whether any or all of these commandments have improved the health and aesthetics of my hair.
Week One:
Hair Length 33cm
Hair mayo applied.
Trim given.
Straightened twice, heat protection applied twice.  

I tag you to undertake this challenge and see how much healthier your hair looks and feels.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. love your blog so much! your so talented! i followed <3 do you think you could maybe follow me back? would love my blog to be as good as yours xx

    ReplyDelete